ALARM is African Ministries and Reconciliation Ministries operating in eight African countries, including Rwanda. It has a vision of a strong biblical church in Africa, transforming and reconciling communities. It has three strategic focus areas namely developing servant leaders, reconciling relationship and transforming communities.
In Rwanda, it works in Northern Province, in Rulindo, Gakenke, Burera, and Musanze district. In Northern Province, it works in Rubavu and Rutsiro. In Eastern province, it works in Rwamagana and Bugesera, in Kigali City, we are working in Gasabo. Among many other activities, ALARM is involved in training leaders at all levels, from the local government to Judges and church leaders.
It is involved in education through its Institute for women of excellence in Rwamagana and Kabuga vocational training school.
This year, we were able to train for example women in Leadership and conflict resolution in Gakenke, Rulindo, Burera and Musanze districts.
More training are planned in our 2014 action plan. Our registration number is the following:093/11 of 28/08/2003.
Website address: www.alarm-inc.org
Physical Address: Kabuhunde village, Kagugu cell, Kinyinya Sector, Gasabo District in Kigali City.
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 7174.
Directions to find Country Office: From town down to Kinamba road, you proceed to Gacyinjiro market all the way FAWE girls schools then ALARM Center is after One dollar campaign building.
The office is in the compound of ALARM centre on your right.
Began work in Rwanda in a year: 2003.
- Country Director: NKUSI Benjamin.
Cell Phone: (+250) 788 487 127
- Administrative assistant: Alphonse Ruzindana.
Cell Phone: (+250) 788 771 450
- Iwe headmistress: Nyirahabimana Jeanne
Cell phone: (+250) 788 576 257
Areas of Operation:
- Genocide education/social cohesion education: Musanze, Burera, Rubavu, Rutsiro, Bugesera, Gasabo
- Teacher training: Rwamagana
- Girls education: Rwamagana
- Orphans & vulnerable students: Rwamagana
- Leadership/management: Musanze, Burera, Rubavu, Rutsiro, Bugesera, Gasabo
- Children’s rights: Rwamagana