Young Womenâ€™s Christian Association of Rwanda (YWCA) is a non-governmental and non-profit organization that works at the grassroots level whose registration number is 98/11.Â It is a volunteer membership organization for women, girls established in 1995 and legally recognized by the Government of Rwanda in 2005. Currently, YWCA Rwanda has more than 1500 members â€“ volunteers.
Its programs directly reach nearly 20,000 beneficiaries including girls and young women (30 and below), Orphans and Vulnerable Children Heading Households (OVC), most vulnerable women (HIV/AIDS positive, widows and historically marginalized women).
A world where all women live free from poverty and where they and their rights are respected.
To develop the leadership and collective power of women and girls in Rwanda to achieve high quality education, health and socio-economic conditions for themselves, their families, and their communities.
Website address:Â http://www.ywcaofrwanda.org
Physical Address:Â Headquarters: Kicukiro District, Kicukiro Sector, Opposite Kigali Technical College
Mailing Address: P.O Box 48 Kigali
- Â Secretary General:Â UZAMUKUNDA Pudentienne
Cell Phone: + (250) 788484514
- Â Legal Representative:Â KALIGIRWA Ernestine
Cell Phone: +(250) 788536436
- Advocacy: Â Muhanga, Ruhango,Bugesera,Nyabihu,Nyaruguru
- Girlsâ€™ education :Â Bugesera, Muhanga, Ruhango, Kamonyi, Nyaruguru, Nyabihu and Kicukiro
- Orphans & vulnerable students :Â Kayonza, Rwamagana, Kamonyi, Nyabihu, Muhanga and Ruhango
- Sexual and reproductive health and rights + HIV:Â Bugesera, Muhanga, Ruhango, Kamonyi, Nyaruguru, Nyabihu and Kicukiro
- Financial Education for Children and Adolescents:Â Kayonza, Muhanga, Kamonyi, Nyaruguru and Bugesera