Founded in 2005 UMUHUZA is a non-governmental organization geared towards promoting a culture of peace through peace education and peaceful conflict management.
The organization has been working since 2005 in Ngororero District and Kigali City on a community outreach program. Presently, the organization is expanding to work with Save the Children on a literacy promotion project in Gicumbi District beginning January 2013.
UMUHUZA believes that peaceful conflict management and human rights promotion are prerequisites to social cohesion and sustainable peace building.
Umuhuza values to:
- Develop a culture of peace, mainly through values education.
- Support early education in the context of the family.
- Promote community- based programs.
Physical Address: Kamatamu cell, Kacyiru sector, Gasabo District
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 2030
Directions to find Country Office: Kacyiru 100m after MINAGRI
Began work in Rwanda in year: 2005
Main areas of operation:
Enhancing capacities of mediators “Abunzi”
Counseling victims of violence
Dialogue with youth
Early childhood development
Enhancing families’ capacities to nurture the learning potential of their young children while strengthening their own literacy skills
- Chief of Party : Kayitesi Mathilde
E-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org / Cell Phone +250788539555
- Finance and Administration Manager : Niyonsaba Mathias
E-mail – email@example.com / Cell Phone – +250788755459
- Senior Program Officer : Manishimwe Flavian
E-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org / Cell Phone – +250783494913
Educational Activities & Districts working in:
- Genocide education/social cohesion education: Ngororero & Gasabo
- Parenting/community education : Ngororero & Gasabo
- Early childhood education/development : Ngororero & Gasabo
- Adult literacy : Ngororero & Gasabo