Founded in 2005 UMUHUZA is a non-governmental organization geared towards promoting a culture of peace through peace education and peaceful conflict management.
The organization has been working since 2005 in Ngororero District and Kigali City on a community outreach program. Presently, the organization is expanding to work with Save the Children on a literacy promotion project in Gicumbi District beginning January 2013.Vision:
UMUHUZA believes that peaceful conflict management and human rights promotion are prerequisites to social cohesion and sustainable peace building.Umuhuza values to:
- Develop a culture of peace, mainly through values education.
- Support early education in the context of the family.
- Promote community- based programs.
Early childhood development Enhancing families’ capacities to nurture the learning potential of their young children while strengthening their own literacy skillsOrganization Leadership:
- Chief of Party : Kayitesi Mathilde
- Finance and Administration Manager : Niyonsaba Mathias
- Senior Program Officer : Manishimwe Flavian
- Genocide education/social cohesion education: Ngororero & Gasabo
- Parenting/community education : Ngororero & Gasabo
- Early childhood education/development : Ngororero & Gasabo
- Adult literacy : Ngororero & Gasabo