Rwanda Aid is a non-profit organisation registered in the UK which has been working in the remote south west regions of Rwanda, Rusizi and Nyamasheke districts, since 2008. Our two primary aims are:
• To bring hope and relief to the most needy and vulnerable, especially children.
• To help people to build a more secure and prosperous future for themselves, their community and their country, through educational support in primary schools and vocational training programs.
We are a lean and efficient organisation, offering well directed and effective help through a team of Rwandan managers with volunteer UK Managers and UK donors in support. Working closely with local and national government bodies, our innovative pilot projects act as models and catalysts for further development, strengthening Rwandans’ capacities to affect their own positive change.
We facilitate sustainable development by:
• Supporting and strengthening local enterprise development,
• Delivering effective farm training, enabling families in remote communities to provide more food and income for themselves,
• Providing security and education for street children and assisting their reintegration into safe homes,
• Enabling children with disability to access mainstream education and necessary support,
• Developing the capacity of two special needs schools,
• Facilitating sponsorship of young adults who aspire to complete secondary and/or higher education, and
• Successfully training Rwandan primary school teachers as in-service teacher mentors, encouraging learner-centred teaching and planning.
Rwanda Aid is a registered UK Charity No. 1124634.
Began work in Rwanda in year: 2008
- Clare Linden | Chair of Trustees | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Karen Mundy | CEO (based in the UK) | email@example.com
- BARIYIZI Félicien | Country Manager | firstname.lastname@example.org | (250) 781087523
- MUKAKAMALI Honnorette | Finance Director | email@example.com | (250) 786951393
- Alex Omoit | Education Officer | firstname.lastname@example.org | (250) 783506309
- NTEZIRYIMANA Isaac | Mentor Trainer Rusizi District | email@example.com | (250) 722213488 / (250) 787733435
- Sarah O’Grady | Mentor Trainer (volunteer) | firstname.lastname@example.org | (250) 784444665
- David Chaplin | Founder | email@example.com | (250) 725494101
- Stephanie Piper | UK Education Advisor | firstname.lastname@example.org
Educational activities and districts covered:
- Advocacy | Rusizi and Nyamasheke
- Policy development | Rusizi and Nyamasheke
- Teacher training | Rusizi and Nyamasheke
- Capacity building | Rusizi and Nyamasheke
- Access to education | Rusizi and Nyamasheke
- Orphans & vulnerable students | Rusizi and Nyamasheke
- Construction | Rusizi and Nyamasheke
- Resources & equipment | Rusizi and Nyamasheke
- Special Educational Needs Training and Advice for mainstream teachers | Rusizi and Nyamasheke