Ready for Reading (RfR) is a local Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), RGB registration number 32/NGO/RGB/2015, located in Eastern Province, Kayonza District, Rwinkwavu Sector, serving the community comprised of surrounding districts and villages, including, but not limited to: Rwinkwavu, Kabarondo, Murama, Ndego, Mwiri and Kabare sectors.
Mission:Â Ready for Reading seeks to empower the community through literacy, technology and life skills, enhancing academic, social, cultural and economic opportunities for both personal and community growth and enrichment.
With the belief that literacy and education are not only human rights, but the foundations of prosperity and peace, Ready for Reading built and in 2012 opened the 7,800 sq. ft. Rwinkwavu Community Library and Learning Center (RCLLC), a resource-rich space for children and adults to learn, engage, enjoy and thrive.Â Ready for Reading bridges the multi-generational education gap with innovative preschool through adult programming; language and ICT literacy and life skills training, early childhood education and youth development, access to global information, fosters a love of reading and learning, offers social/cultural enrichment and promotes community-building through the participation of all ages.
Registration Number: 32/RGB/NGO/2015
Website address:Â www.readyforreading.org
Physical Address (including the Directions to find Country Office):
- Physical Address: We are located at Rwinkwavu Community Library and Learning Center.
- Mailing Address: Â P.O. Box: 39 Rwamagana
- Directions to find Country Office: Eastern Province, Reach Kayonza district, continue to Kabarondo, branch to Akagera Road. The office is located in home of Rwinkwavu Community Library and Learning Center, Right before Rwinkwavu Hospital.
Began work in Rwanda in year: 2013
- Founder & Executive Director : Betsy Dickey
- E-mail â€“ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cell Phone : 00+1 203.561.6355 ( US)
- Country Director : Emmanuel Ndayambaje
- E-mail â€“ email@example.com
- Cell Phone : (+250) 788744300
- Director of Operation and Partnership : Jean Marie Habimana
- E-mail â€“Â firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cell Phone : (+250) 788305290
- Genocide education/social cohesion education :Â Kayonza
- Advocacy: Kayonza
- Curriculum development :Â Kayonza
- Teacher training :Kayonza
- Capacity building :Â Kayonza
- Access to education :Kayonza
- Girlsâ€™ education :Â Kayonza
- Orphans & vulnerable students :Â Kayonza
- Parenting/community education :Â Kayonza
- Early Childhood Education/Development: Kayonza
- Adult literacy :Â Kayonza
- Music and ICT for the community:Â Kayonza
- Health education and diseases prevention through Basketball game : Kayonza