Komera builds self- confident young women through education, community and sport. We believe if Komera fulfills its mission, young women in Rwanda will have the confidence to lead positive social change in their community, experience the joy of self-discovery, and realize their own personal potential.
Education: Komera sponsors scholars with full tuition, including room and board at a â€˜â€™ publicâ€™â€™ boarding school in Rwanda. Komera also provides intensive leadership and social entrepreneurship training during school holiday.
Community: Komera builds a local community of support for the scholars, at school, a scholar meets with her Komera mentor and her fellow scholars once a week. At home her parents work with Komera parents Co-operative. Whereas Komera is unique because of its emphasis on empowerment and positive body image through sport. We host the annual Komera global run in June. Komera is a non-profit 501(C)(3)
Website address:Â www.komera.org
Physical Address: Rwinkwavu in the buildings of WALFRAM.
Mailing Address (P.O. Box ) Mailing PO BOX 1491 Jamaica Plain MA 02130
Directions to find Country Office: Reach Kayonza district from Kigali, continue to Kabarondo, branch to Akagera Road. The office is located near Wolfram mining.
Began work in Rwanda in year: Began in 2009 and was legally registered in 2014
Country Director: Dativah Mukamusonera | Email: email@example.com | Cell: (+250)Â 788518608
Areas of Operation:Â
- Capacity building (Girlsâ€™s parents in cooperatives)
- Access to education in Kayonza Disrict
- Girlsâ€™ education in Â Kayonza district
- Orphans & vulnerable students in Kayonza district
- Leadership/management Â (Komera beneficiaries, Partnering schools and NGOâ€™S in Kayonza district. We also parcipate in East African leadership summits)
- Primary partnership school for girls empowerment
- Community events participation and involvement
- Partnership with vocational school for WDA programs
- Business entrepreneurship for our girls and parents