CHABHA supports vulnerable children and youth who are affected by HIV/AIDS by sustaining and creating strong grassroots community-based organizations (CBOs) that provide services and experiences to empower its members.
Affected children and youth are those who have lost one or both parents to AIDS, live in a household headed by an HIV-infected adult, and/or are infected themselves. Partner organizations work with affected children and youth who live in deeply impoverished families.
- Develop partnerships with grassroots CBOs that share CHABHAâ€™s mission and build organizational capacity;
- Provide funding for CBOsâ€™ programmatic activities that support childrenâ€™s education, health and psychosocial wellbeing and lead to independence;
- Expand the CHABHA network to include community-based organizations throughout Eastern Africa that address the needs of HIV/AIDS affected children and youth.
CHABHA believes that all children have a fundamental right to education, health, safety and a nurturing environment in their dependent years. We serve children and young adults affected by the ravages of the AIDS pandemic in sub-Saharan Africa. We applaud their resilience and support their capacity for self-help by:
- Fostering physical well-being, social health, and economic independence through direct educational assistance, innovative small business opportunities, and job training;
- Engaging in collaborative decision-making with children and project leaders;
- Working directly with community-based programs governed by community-based leaders;
- And seeking to reach and educate as many supporters as possible to create awareness of the plight of affected children
Website address:Â www.chabha.org
Physical Address:Â KG 218, Kisimenti, Remera, Kigali
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 334, Kigali
Directions to find Country Office: Kisimenti/Remera, road behind La Nouvelle Planete, towards Adventist church, and near CIVITAS Hotel.
Began work in Rwanda in year:Â 2003-2004
- Country Directorâ€“ Â Patrick NIMUBONA
- Accountant: Chantal GAHIGIRO
Areas of Operation:
We work in Kicukiro, Gasabo and Bugesera districts.
- Curriculum Development
- Capacity Building
- Access to Education
- Girls Education
- Orphans & vulnerable students
- Leadership & Management
- Parenting/Community Education
- Early Childhood Education/ development