Bridge2Rwanda Scholars is an intensive gap-year program initiated by Bridge2Rwanda in Kigali, designed to prepare the best and brightest Rwandan students to compete on an international standard when applying to universities in the U.S. and around the world. Our comprehensive program focuses on five main areas to prepare students to become outstanding, internationally-competitive servant leaders:
- Academic Preparation: Intensive classes that help Scholars build strategies for college entrance exams, university-level English skills in reading and writing, and overall academic preparation for college.
- Spiritual Development: Focused activities and gatherings to promote spiritual development, as well as individual discipleship.
- College Counseling: Individual tutoring and guidance to help each student navigate the U.S. college application process.
- Servant Leadership and Entrepreneurship Training: Curriculum and activities to improve our Scholars’ leadership skills, create an entrepreneurial mindset, and encourage character growth.
- Community Service: Long-term participation in various projects throughout Rwanda, giving students a change to begin serving their communities right now.
Our goal is to help Rwanda’s best students apply as qualified applicants to U.S. schools and to win the scholarships they need in order to attend.
Name of organization: Bridge2Rwanda
Website address: www.bridge2rwanda.org
Physical Address: 1st Floor, Telecom House, Kacyiru, Kigali, Rwanda
Mailing Address: P. O. BOX. 1971, Kigali, Rwanda
Directions to find Country Office: From the KBC roundabout, drive toward the US Embassy. On the right, you will see Umubano Hotel. Two buildings past Umubano, you’ll see the Telecom House on the right. Turn in the last entrance.
Began work in Rwanda in year: 2006
- Country Director – Name: Tom Allen
- E-mail – email@example.com
- Cell Phone – 0788300706
- Training Center Director – Name: Mark Karugarama
- E-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cell Phone – 0788596055
- Managing Director: Bridge2Rwanda Scholars – Name: Anna Reed
- E-mail – email@example.com
- Cell Phone – 0783063928
- Director of Academics – Name: Richard Seigler
- E-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cell Phone – 0782883460
Educational Activities and districts * working in:
- Access to education
- Community education
(*) We don’t work in a particular district, but we draw students from all over the country.