ADRA Rwanda was established in 1978, ADRA Rwanda has successfully implemented a variety of projects/programs individually and in partnerships in the various portfolioâ€™s. It has implemented a large number of projects throughout the country in a variety of program sectors. Specifically, ADRA Rwandaâ€™s experience in Rwanda includes construction of shelters, feeder roads, supporting education through schools construction, teacher training and capacity building, children sponsorship and scholastic material provision as well as adult education as well supporting special needs education. Health-wise, ADRA Rwanda has been involved in the construction of health facilities and providing medical equipment as well as activity participation in the fight against HIV and AIDS and promotion of nutrition. In food security and livelihood, ADRA Rwanda has in addition been engaged in supporting the community based group to increase production, harvesting and marketing. In the same line, community groups have been mobilized to work in groups for common interests (Association/Cooperatives) through which they have increased their negotiating power and the well-being of the community members. In the portfolio of disaster management ADRA-Rwanda has implemented several project in partnership with UNCHCR in line with education whereby they support refugee children to access schools and with the provision of the school materials and books. ADRA Rwanda is one of the NGOs in the country contributing to the achievement of the EDPRS especially in the area of Education.
ADRA mission is to work with people in poverty and distress to create just and positive change through empowering partnerships and responsible action.
Website address:Â www.adra.org.rw
Physical Address: Â KG 567 St. 14-Kacyiru
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 2
Began work in Rwanda in year: 1978
RGB Registration Number: 51/DGI & E/14
Â Â Mr Geoffrey SN KayondeÂ
Role:Â Country Director
Cell: (+250)788300195 /Â Â Â Office Cell: +250781001081
- Advocacy :Â Nyagatare, Gatsibo, Kayonza, Kamonyi, Muhanga, Karongi and Nyamasheke
- Curriculum development :Â National level
- Teacher training :Â Karongi, Rutsiro,Nyamasheke and Rusizi
- Capacity building :Â Nyagatare, Kamonyi, Muhanga and Karongi, Nyamasheke
- Access to education :Â Nyarugenge, Karongi, Rutsiro,Nyamasheke, Rusizi and Gatsibo, Nyarugenge, Kiziba, Kigeme, Nyabiheke, Mugombwa Gihembe camp
- Girlsâ€™ education :Â Kiziba, Kigeme, Nyabiheke, Mugombwa, andÂ Gihembe camp
- Orphans & vulnerable students :Â Gatsibo, Kicukiro, Nyarugenge
- Leadership/management :Â Nyagatare, Kamonyi, Muhanga, Karongi and Nyamasheke.
- Early childhood education/development :Â Kiziba, Kigeme, Nyabiheke, Mugombwa, andÂ Gihembe camp
- Adult literacy :Â Karongi & Nyamasheke
- Construction :Â Gicumbi, Gatsibo, Kayonza Ngoma, Kirehe, Rwamagana, Bugesera and Kiziba, Kigeme, Nyabiheke, Mugombwa Gihembe camp.
- Resources & equipment :Â Nyagatare, Gatsibo, Kayonza Ngoma, Kirehe, Rwamagana & Bugesera