A child’s early years are essential for building the foundation of literacy and numeracy skills that are necessary for success later in life. This is why EDC’s Literacy, Language, and Learning Initiative (L3) works with the Rwanda Education Board (REB), USAID, and technical partners to improve learning outcomes in literacy, mathematics, and English language for students in grades 1 through 4. Specifically, EDC-L3 is focusing on improving the quality of teaching, increasing the availability of teaching and learning materials, supporting English language education, strengthening ministry capacity, and promoting equity in education.
Name of organization: Education Development Center, Inc.
Website address: l3.edc.org
Physical Address: Prester House, Blvd de L’Umuganda, Kimihurura, Gasabo district
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 2520
Directions to find Country Office: If you are coming from town, pass KBC on your left, and enter the mother and child round-about. Take the third road off the round-about. You will see Top Tower Hotel on your left. Take your first right. You will see Prester House from the main road, which is next to the Great Wall Chinese restaurant. EDC-L3 is on the third floor of Prester House.
Began work in Rwanda in year: 2011
- Chief of Party: Said Yasin
- E-mail : email@example.com
- Cell Phone: +250788387144
- Policy development: Nationwide
- Curriculum development: Nationwide
- Teacher training: Nationwide
- Capacity building: Nationwide
- Access to education: Nationwide
- Girls’education: Nationwide
- Orphans & vulnerable students: Nationwide
- Leadership/management: Nationwide
- Parenting/community education: Nationwide
- Early childhood education/development: Nationwide
- Resources & equipment: Nationwide